So Cal Broncos Community Forums

Welcome, Guest! Register a free account today to become a member and participate in the discussion.

Pismo Beach

BroncoDon

Growing Member
Just got back from Pismo Beach, this thing is a monster in the sand, never did I even come close to getting stuck, as long as you know how to run the sand it’s golden. I have been coming up here for the last 52 years as I was a child. Things have sure changed from then. But having said that ,it’s still fun fun fun. They closed off 50% of the dunes over the last two years and that sucks. Seems the entire dunes will be closing in 2024. So if you want some fun go soon. 3D119F2E-9D3D-4E3D-A4C8-44915C1301E5.jpeg

Taking the wife up to Paso Robles at the end of the month in the EB and planning on a morning run before we hit the wineries. She’s never been on the dunes. I was curious as to how much they closed down from the last time I was up there 3 years ago.

Taking the wife up to Paso Robles at the end of the month in the EB and planning on a morning run before we hit the wineries. She’s never been on the dunes. I was curious as to how much they closed down from the last time I was up there 3 years ago.
Well we had a great time, first off, they closed the first ramp to get on the beach at Grand ave, you have to enter on Pier st. As far as the dunes, they closed at least 1/2 so far and the camping area is about 1/4 as it was 3 years ago. I think they limit camping to the first 100 vehicles and first 1000 vehicles to be on the beach. It is really getting bad , you need to enjoy it while you can, we only have until 2024 and it’s all closed from what they are saying up there.

I plan to go Pismo in end of the month Sep 30- Oct 1.
Do you need to bring flag with you or you can find someone sales locally?

I plan to go Pismo in end of the month Sep 30- Oct 1.
Do you need to bring flag with you or you can find someone sales locally?
There is convenience store iirc on the left right before the entrance on Pier Ave that sells new/used ones. Bought mine used from there over a decade ago and still rocking it. Also there are ATV rental companies on the beach before you have to flag up that sell them.

You camping? I’ll be there Saturday morning dune-ing it for an hour or two.

You do need a flag in the dunes but not to just cruise the beach , they sell flags at a trailer store on the beach or anywhere in the area. Be hungry there are lots of good food, must try Splash cafe for there world famous clam chowder and west coast cinnamon rolls for the best fresh rolls,

There is convenience store iirc on the left right before the entrance on Pier Ave that sells new/used ones. Bought mine used from there over a decade ago and still rocking it. Also there are ATV rental companies on the beach before you have to flag up that sell them.

You camping? I’ll be there Saturday morning dune-ing it for an hour or two.
Cool thx for an update. We are glamming in Pismo Inn this time - no camping ;-).
We should connect in some point maybe connect on the radio.

I can be on any SoCalBroncos General channel or GMRS 16 (4x4)

146.520 is the National Simplex calling frequency for licensed ham radio operators. Good frequencies for making contacts and short conversations

Well a little update for anyone who goes to Pismo , currently they allow 1000 day passes and 300 camp passes per day. We went for 3 days and it was like 35$ to camp on the beach. They have closed so much of the dunes its crazy as well as govern entry and exit on high tide and low tied where they will not allow passage and have cops sitting at the river crossing ready to ticket Anyone who goes for it.. but still as beautiful as ever and a great weekend getaway …

Attachments

• IMG_3591.jpeg
    IMG_3591.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 3

Please support the businesses that support So Cal Broncos!

Latest resources

Back