So Cal Broncos Community Forums

Welcome, Guest! Register a free account today to become a member and participate in the discussion.

Has anyone picked up 4wp UCAs

Bronc23a

Bronco Babe
I have been looking into picking up some UCAs from 4wp, wondering if anyone else has picked these up and installed them yet?

It seems that most people who have installed them were way back when the 4WP UCA's were the only ones available on the aftermarket. 4WP got the jump on all the other companies because they were chosen by Ford as an aftermarket partner, so they had CAD drawings and prototype Broncos way before anyone else to do their R&D. But since then the rest of the aftermarket suspension companies have come online with their own Bronco products so there's a lot more to choose from now. I think the ones from ICON, Camburg and the like are a better option. Disclaimer: I work for ICON and of course run their products on my own Bronco.

It seems that most people who have installed them were way back when the 4WP UCA's were the only ones available on the aftermarket. 4WP got the jump on all the other companies because they were chosen by Ford as an aftermarket partner, so they had CAD drawings and prototype Broncos way before anyone else to do their R&D. But since then the rest of the aftermarket suspension companies have come online with their own Bronco products so there's a lot more to choose from now. I think the ones from ICON, Camburg and the like are a better option. Disclaimer: I work for ICON and of course run their products on my own Bronco.
I completely appreciate the honesty! I will start looking at ICON and camburg 🙂

I think I'd pick the ones from ICON and 4WP in this case before Camburg. The ICON and 4WP arms benefit from the rebuildable ball joint (ICON calls it the Delta Joint, forget what 4WP calls it) at the end of the arm. These joints have really revolutionized aftermarket upper control arm tech (in my opinion) because they combine the best features of a regular ball joint (long life, low maintenance) and a uniball (lots of angular misalignment). Uniballs have a limited life in a daily-driven rig and have higher NVH compared to the Delta joints/balljoints). Camburg also uses SREs (heims) on the frame pivots while the ICON and 4WP arms use some variation of a poly bushing with some reinforced metal pivots, it appears. The poly bushings will give a little more cushion than the heims too.

The ICON/4WP arms appear to be very similar in design. Not surprising, since the lead 4WP suspension engineer (one of the BEST in the industry) used to be the lead engineer at ICON (he designed/patented the Delta Joint while working at ICON).

Please support the businesses that support So Cal Broncos!

Back