So Cal Broncos Community Forums

Welcome, Guest! Register a free account today to become a member and participate in the discussion.

"Early" TDS with So Cal Broncos 2023

Added to Calendar: 02/23/23, 02/24/23, 02/25/23, 02/26/23

SONNY G

Growing Member
Not sure if this is too soon but I am trying to make sure I get the time off for this event. Just confirming it will be Feb 23-26th?

I am also looking into possibly renting a camper (for the girls this time) and a place I saw said they will deliver the trailer up to (02 miles) off the paved road. I tried looking up the location we stayed at last time but I was unable to see where the "paved road" stops to the camp site. Does anyone know the distance from the paved road to SO CAL BRONCOS CAMP?

Thank you in advance for your time/help,

Sonny

Yep it's going to be February 23 through 26, 2023. For the FNG's, ETDS is So Cal Broncos' trip to Truckhaven, the site of the massive Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari event, but we go the weekend before to avoid the mayhem and have the desert to ourselves (hence ETDS, or "Early" TDS).

Sonny I measured it on Gaia and it's approximately 1.25 miles from the end of the pavement on North Marina Drive, depending on exactly where the first arrivals stake it out. Luv2Camp is the company most of the guys use. If you're using them, they are good to go.

Last edited:
Looking up Luv2camp and they ask for "campground or nearest area/road"? What should I put in this field? I think it would be Truckhaven off N Marina Dr
, would that be correct or is there a better location to put? Since there is no campsite ?

Sonny

Looking up Luv2camp and they ask for "campground or nearest area/road"? What should I put in this field? I think it would be Truckhaven off N Marina Dr
, would that be correct or is there a better location to put? Since there is no campsite ?

Sonny

Tell them its for So Cal Broncos and drop the name of Bill Smith, who rents a trailer from them every year for this. He probably already has a reservation in with them, just tell them to drop yours in the same camp area as his. And yes, you can mention it's approximately 1.2 miles from the pavement on North Marina Drive.

The wife and I are planning on heading out there Thursday. We are bringing the camper. Do you head off Marina Blvd off the 86, or the S22? It looks like there could be some rough terrain for hauling a camper, and I would rather not get myself stuck.

The wife and I are planning on heading out there Thursday. We are bringing the camper. Do you head off Marina Blvd off the 86, or the S22? It looks like there could be some rough terrain for hauling a camper, and I would rather not get myself stuck.

33.283996,-116.007208
Take N Marina Dr, follow it until the pavement ends, go over the hill and look for a bunch of Early Bronco's on your left. Rough terrain depends on the person I guess - we take our DP up Mule Canyon in Calico - and Truckhaven is a piece of cake compared to that. There are some sandy parts and a moho or two have gotten stuck in the past right in camp, but there are a bunch of Bronco's to pull you out.

***Side note** Bring wood every one!!! We gotta keep Steph happy, lol.
We will be out Thursday afternoon. I don't have room for the bar this year, but I will have the shot ski and shots!

Rain forecast for Thursday through Sunday. Im wondering if Luv2Camp will deliver across the wash if water flowing.

Rain forecast for Thursday through Sunday. Im wondering if Luv2Camp will deliver across the wash if water flowing.

I'm a bit concerned myself. I've gotten my 40' pusher stuck out there when it was dry and it was no easy task yanking it out. Tentatively our (Steffie and I) plan is to roll out Thursday after work, so we won't get there until after dark. We plan to just park along the road on North Marina to sleep for the night, then come the rest of the way the next morning so we can see our way in. But the weather has me thinking. Maybe we should just camp on the flats before the hill. As I recall there was nobody there last year. It would make for an easier exit if we get a lot of rain over those 3 days. We're going to have a much smaller group this year anyhow, it seems.

That's not a bad idea. It's not like we have the perfect spot with a stream running through and willow trees for shade.

***Just arrived and ASO THIS MESSAGE-N MARINA WAS CLOSED DUE TO DOWN POWER LINES. Detour, exit Sunrise and and you can make your way over to N Marina. There is a pretty good open spot about where Doran4x marked..My cousins and I are set up. Right now its windy, no rain at this time,but we did hit a couple patches coming in.

Sonny

Attachments

• 20230223_002018.jpg
    20230223_002018.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 3

Please support the businesses that support So Cal Broncos!

Latest resources

Back