So Cal Broncos Community Forums

Welcome, Guest! Register a free account today to become a member and participate in the discussion.

Flat Towing Bronco

Smckab

Small Member
Has anyone setup their Bronco to be flat towed behind a motorhome? Interested in your setup. Also can I use the recovery points in the front to tow?

Has anyone setup their Bronco to be flat towed behind a motorhome? Interested in your setup. Also can I use the recovery points in the front to tow?

I have. And yes, if you have the mod bumper, or any aftermarket bumper that has d-ring tabs for recovery points, yes you can attach your tow bar to them.

I have also. I initially bought the rough country tow hook brackets for that reason since I opted for the basic plastic bumper. I ended up getting the LOD offroad bumper sooner then I expected. They have d ring tabs on it and frame stiffeners. They even say it's approved for flat towing. Even though that doesn't really mean anything.

Thank you. Your response was super helpful. It lead me to the roadmaster 035-1. If my measurements are correct this will fit perfectly on the stock ford modular bumper recovery points.

Attachments

• 37DD06E5-F656-4C6C-AFD3-1F3BA4176C14.jpeg
    37DD06E5-F656-4C6C-AFD3-1F3BA4176C14.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 4
Thank you. Your response was super helpful. It lead me to the roadmaster 035-1. If my measurements are correct this will fit perfectly on the stock ford modular bumper recovery points.

I think that's the one people are using. I have a Roadmaster tow bar that I've used for years with my Early Bronco and my Jeep, and now my 6G. Back when I first started using it they didn't make an adapter for shackle tabs but one of the Jeep aftermarket parts companies did (Jeeperformance, which is no longer in business) so I bought theirs. It's good to see there's now an attachment available directly from the tow bar manufacturer.

They make 2 sizes. My EB is a different size than my 6g.

Please support the businesses that support So Cal Broncos!

Latest resources

Back