So Cal Broncos Community Forums

Welcome, Guest! Register a free account today to become a member and participate in the discussion.

So Cal Broncos at Calico 2023

Added to Calendar: 01/12/23, 01/13/23, 01/14/23, 01/15/23, 01/16/23

ntsqd

Custom User Title
So Cal Broncos OG
Who'd a thunk it? How long ago did we start this event? It's almost as old as the Bash. Maybe 5 years younger?

Dusty

I Started This Gangsta Shit
So Cal Broncos OG
Who'd a thunk it? How long ago did we start this event? It's almost as old as the Bash. Maybe 5 years younger?
It's actually less than a year younger than BBBB. At least, the earliest So Cal Broncos trip I can find in my photos archive is from March 2003 (BBBBI was in June 2002). But I don't believe it has been an unbroken streak. For the first few years it was in March (with one in April, and a couple of fall trips thrown in). I'm not sure when the tradition to do it MLK weekend started. My earliest photo set from the MLK Calico trips was in 2014, but I may have missed a few before that as I went through a spell where I wasn't able to attend them all (that spell is still in effect LOL). But the move to MLK weekend seems to be about when it transitioned to its current form.

ntsqd

Custom User Title
So Cal Broncos OG
No, it isn't an unbroken run. I can't tell you the years specifically, but I know that there were a couple years where it didn't happen. But I didn't think it was that close to the same age either!

ntsqd

Custom User Title
So Cal Broncos OG
How many are out there getting wet?

I'd stay the F___ OUT of the shortcut between Mule/Phillips and Doran/Odessa. That stuff gets bottomless and slimy like greased owl snot when wet. It's worse than a not so dry lakebed. BT, DT.

Please support the businesses that support So Cal Broncos!