So Cal Broncos Community Forums

Welcome, Guest! Register a free account today to become a member and participate in the discussion.

FNG with an FNBraptor

Sup y'all!

Matt here from Huntington Beach. Long-time off-road enthusiast and industry snob like our fearless leader, Dusty. I've been lucky enough to turn my passion into a career, working many jobs within the off-road aftermarket industry. Everything from a warehouse guy at a Jeep shop, to Editor of Driving Line magazine, and now to Marketing Manager at PROJECT X. Been fortunate enough to work with some of the top names in our motorsports as well, and even announced the live broadcast of the Baja 1000, among other races. I've wheeled in many different states, Alaska, Canada, and Baja. Never competitively, and always for the love of it. Crawling, go-fast, cruising/overland...it's all fun.

I'm sort of a cross between technical and creative. I don't enjoy working on my vehicles as much as I used to (getting old), but I do like to have in-depth engineering knowledge of my components and parts. Most of the work I do these days revolves around media and content and new product development. We're doing a lot of cool stuff for the 6G Bronco over at PROJECT X, so it's cool to use my own vehicles and experience for product development. You can find me on IG as well, @desertchief. I'm pretty active in the SoCal off-road scene, and try to go to as many events and trail runs as my schedule allows.

I got my Oxford White Bronco Raptor last month, and so far have had it out in Johnson Valley, Pismo dunes, and taking it to Ocotillo Wells this weekend. I originally put in an order for a 2-door Wildtrak Sasquatch with a V6 and hardtop back in mid 2020 (still waiting on that build), and plan to give that order to my dad when Ford decides to build it (likely '23).

I'll start a build thread soon on the Raptor, and be on the lookout for a YouTube video in the next few weeks where I outline my initial thoughts on the Raptor, the few mods I've already done, and what I have planned for the build.

Glad to be on this board, and can't wait to show you guys more of what I'm working on!

IMG_6673.jpg

Good to see you over here Matt! Looking forward to seeing more content on it and seeing it in person soon :)

I’m in Huntington Beach as well. I’ve got a 4 door hardtop Wildtrak in Area 51. Hope to see your Raptor around town.

HB resident here, too. Grey Badsquatch 4 door hardtop with 3” zoneoffroad lift. Wave me down if you see me and have time to show off your ride. I haven’t seen a Braptor in the wild.

Please support the businesses that support So Cal Broncos!

Back